Why Join Our Efforts to Eradicate Reye’s Syndrome?
Because NO child should have to suffer this!
There is no cure for Reye’s Syndrome, and all we know is that salicylates (aspirin) products can trigger this devastating disease.
Each year the NRSF reaches out to parents, caregivers, and medical professionals with Reye’s Syndrome Education and Awareness materials:
136,000 Annual School Mailing: each year the NRSF mails out a notice to more than 136,000 schools across the United States, reminding School Nurses and Personnel to download our School Package for parents and caregivers.
Baby Fairs and Health Fairs: Every year the NRSF supports Baby Fairs and Health Fairs across the United States with Reye’s Syndrome information.
Bi-Annual Newsletter: Twice a year, our ‘In The News’ comes out with Reye’s Syndrome information and updates, once in the Spring and once in the Fall. This publication has been available to members and donors for more than 38 years. This year, we will offer a monthly news update via email to those who subscribe on our website at http://www.ReyesSyndrome.Org
Student Projects: Whether student nurses, or doctors, or junior and senior high students, we support their projects and provide Reye’s Syndrome literature and videos free for the asking.
Reye’s Syndrome Awareness Month: September is always Reye’s Syndrome Awareness month – just in time for kids to go back to school! Working with our School Nurses, we work hard to get the word out: Kids and Aspirin Products DON’T Mix!
Membership Drive: Our annual membership drive co-incides with Reye’s Syndrome Awareness month, and anyone who joins the Foundation as a member receives a free Reye’s Syndrome Awareness ribbon magnet. (Magnets were donated to the Foundation to support awareness.)
You can also purchase a Kids and Aspirin Don’t Mix! ribbon to help us spread the word
Other ways you can help educate and spread the word:
- Like us, and Add one of the pages here to your Facebook page so all of your friends can be reminded.
- Pin one of our pages to Pinterest, and any other social network where you are a member, so word spreads.
- Add the NRSF GoodSearch, GoodShop toolbar so that the Foundation raises money while you do what comes naturally while on the Net. (Shopping and Searching – find out more by clicking the link.)
- Sell on Ebay and Designate the NRSF as Your Charity of Choice, Donating a Percentage of Sales through MissionFish to the NRSF. For more information, our eBay home page is located here: NRSF Ebay MissionFish Home Page
- Sign up for monthly news alerts about flu, ebooks, apps, research, reminders, and meetups at the website at www.ReyesSyndrome.Org.
- Send us your used Cell Phones and we will recycle them; phones will go to Troops, and battered women’s shelters. Send them to the address at the top of this blog.
- Become a Member: join at our website.
- Or Donate at the website. (links will open a new window)
All donations are tax deductible, and you will receive a letter and receipt from the Foundation in acknowledgement of your support.
We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for helping us spread the word: Kids and Aspirin DON’T Mix!